After you’ve set up a Facebook business page, providing it with great content to attract your ideal audience is next on the list.
By posting content people really want to see, you will not only get more reach (= Facebook is going to show your post to more people), but you will also get more engagement (= people are going to like, comment on and share your post).
Why do people turn to Facebook?
The general consensus is that people come to Facebook for one of three reasons:
- They want to be entertained - they log in when they’re bored, commuting to work or when there’s nothing on TV. This is when funny memes and videos are quite successful.
- They want to get information: about news items or politics, wonders of the world or their hobbies.
- They are struggling with something, and want to find solutions - whether it’s parenting or raising rabbits, cooking healthy meals for their families or getting a job. If your content can provide them with a solution to their problem, they’ll keep coming back to your page.
If your page can provide people with the content they’re looking for, there’s a higher chance a random visitor will end up following your page. Even better: if Facebook sees you are providing people with high value content, they are going to give your page more reach - it will appear in more people’s news feeds.
Golden rules for posting on a Facebook business page
When posting content, it’s important to observe three basic rules:
- Post regularly: post with regular intervals - whether it’s 4 times a day, or 1 time a week.
- Post consequently: stay with the same subject (or group of topics that go very well together)
- Make it about your audience and how you can help them (or provide them with what they’re really looking for) - not about you.
Now where to find the awesome content your audience is looking for? I have written an article about that for my friends at TinyLoveBug. Read these guidelines to make the search for Facebook content a lot easier on yourself!